The design is an interpretation that is dedicated to The Immaculate Conception of Mary. The church dates from the 1950’s and had no reference to The Immaculate Conception or anything above its main Altar Wall.
The concept was to have a large glass piece above the altar to represent Mary as a welcoming figure. The figure is simple and subtle in nature and is identified with with arms and hands outstretched to greet the congregation and a halo of stars in gold leaf.
Acid etched on the rear surface with screen printed ceramic enamel, acid etching and gold leaf gilding on the front surface.